If you're like me, I occasionally find myself in clothing slumps... where everything I have feels old and dated, my go to favorite stores are not putting out anything I like, and I'm just not vibing with the current trends. I've been searching online for the last few weeks for a new Christmas church dress, but to no avail. If I see another off the shoulder, velvet bow, tie up the back sweater that isn't functional or practical I might puke. My rule of thumb is that I can only wear 1-2 trends at a time, not 4 trends in one garment. After a company Christmas party this week I stumbled into Club Monaco and it felt like a breath of fresh air. Classic styles, quality fabrics, and simplified designs renewed my excitement for winter clothing.
Club Monaco had a great sale going on and I found pieces that I felt like I could carry from casual to work and still feel put together and polished.
1. Kaelane Sweater- Originally priced at $179.00- I purchased for $69 with their current sales. The sweater is a little heavier, but it is soft and comfortable. No scratchy sweaters here. I love the slits on the side (trend count- 1) but the colors are classic neutrals, I purchased smoke which has tidbits of black and grey through it and paired it with black skinny jeans and my go to Tory Burch flats. I bought a Small and it feels perfectly oversized. The sleeves were a hint too long, but I think it added to the cozy.
2. Mackenzie Merino Sweater- Originally priced at $89.50- I purchased for $34.30! This is such a classic lightweight sweater. I purchased the light pink and paired it with a leather skirt and tights today. Classic top, trendy bottom, keeping that trend count at 1. Add OTK boots for trend #2. I purchased the XS and feel comfortable in it. I am a little on the busty side and feel like it doesn't add too much weight to my top half.
3. Gardalynn Beaded Skirt- I am so upset that they didn't have this in my size at the store! originally priced at $269- currently going for $139.30. This is one of the statement pieces that I would love to rock winter white in. Online its well stocked and still offered in sizes 00-8.
4. Fidelma Dress- Poor name, but so cute! Not currently on sale, but on my watch list. I can see this as an easy go-to dress for work in the coming months. Nice quality knit, with edging in blue and white stripes, which has been big in my closet through out every trend. The sleeves have a small bell (trend count 1), but it's minor compared to many that are in stores right now and sweet enough to carry the dress through the next few winters.
5. Tiered Tassel Earrings- Not currently on sale, but coming in at $39.50, they're a great year round price and the perfect last minute gift for that bestie or cousin you aren't going to see until after the holidays. The tassels are a trend that I won't be super sad to see go away, but pair these with that classic Mackenzie sweater (pink) and you have a darling combination.
For my first adventure into Club Monaco, I'd say it was extremely successful! I think their website intimidates me a bit, all the model are 5'10" and wearing a size 2 and they look amazing and give me thoughts that it wouldn't fit me in that way, but seeing the clothes in person first and trying them on, I was surprised by how well everything fit and how comfortable all the materials were. Definitely worth walking in and trying them on for yourself! Tell me about your winter staples are and which trends you'd like to see fall off!