Katelyn got engaged in June of 2016 and we immediately set out on the wedding planning journey. I knew that I wanted to lose a few pounds before the wedding, so I put off dress shopping until the last minute and then ordered a dress from an online store. The dress was fitted, so I ordered a size larger than I thought that I needed.
It did not fit! It didn't zip and I was out of time. I really wanted to wear that dress! I knew that I had to get serious about losing weight. I have attempted for quite a few years to avoid eating too many carbs. Years ago I had given up white rice, bread, pasta and white potatoes unless it was a special occasion, so I knew that I had to do more. Paleo seemed like a fairly easy fit and it worked! It was close to the way that we already eat, but eliminating any sugar and no dairy (I love cheese, so that part is difficult for me). It does take a little more time and preparation to eat a Paleo diet, but it is worth it.
After the wedding I stopped being as deliberate with my diet and I went back to eating sugar and not spending the time and effort to pre-plan and prepare and I have gained back 7 pounds. It is time to get back to it and I want to share some time saving tips for living a Paleo lifestyle.
1. Make your breakfasts for the week on the weekends. (I’ll share a muffin tin frittata recipe in a future post).
2. Make a meal plan for the week or use emeals. (emeals is great and the app works with Kroger Clicklist to save time. My next post will offer more information about emeals).
3. Chop veggies ahead of time and chop extra to store for future meals in the week. (carrots, onions, celery, bell pepper will keep for several days in the fridge in airtight storage containers).
4. Use Kroger Clicklist with emeals!
5. Use your freezer! Purchase extra Paleo approved meats and frozen fruits and vegetables to always have on hand when you need something quick.
6. Pinterest is a great place to find new Paleo recipes.
Here are some of my favorite Paleo approved foods and the stores where I get them:
Kroger - Nutpods Non-Dairy Coffee Creamer
Simple Truth Organic Tahini
HEB – Pederson’s Bacon
Trader Joe’s - Organic Coconut Aminos
Organic Coconut Oil
Number One Guacamole
Organic Tomato Basil Marinara
It really easier than ever to eat a Paleo diet. There are so many good products that can be purchased at your local markets.