All Readers Need A Goodreads Account
As y’all know, I am a high school Librarian and I have been an educator for over 25 years. I have taught at almost all levels, but my true heart for teaching is with “the Littles”. I taught Kindergarten for a number of years before becoming a librarian and now I am blessed to have the best of two worlds. I love to read Young Adult fiction and I also love Children’s books and children. I am a High School Librarian, but I have Story Time each week with the preschoolers that are here on my campus. I love my time with the preschoolers, but I really enjoy having great conversations and making connections with my high school students, as well.
Being a teacher and a librarian means that I read a lot of books and I need a good system for keeping up with books that I’ve read and want to read, which is why a Goodreads account is of such paramount importance to me and if you are a reader, it will become invaluable to you too.
Goodreads is a website that allows you to create a sort of online bookshelf of books that you have read and/or want to read and you can pull up that information on any computer, your phone, or your tablet at anytime from anywhere in the world.
10 Reasons You Need a Goodreads Account:
● You will never again start a book and think to yourself, “this seems familiar, have I already read this?”
● You can put the books you’ve read into categories by genre, or any other way that you want to organize them and you can have as many different shelves as you’d like
● You can write reviews or notes on the books that you’ve read
● You can keep a running list of books that you want to read (I have a large list of “To Read” should be no danger of ever not being able to find something new to read)
● You can read reviews from other members on the books that you are considering reading
● There are groups and discussions that you can join
● There are tons of lists and recommendations to help you decide what to read next
● You can link your Amazon account and keep up with books that you have purchased
● There are deals on ebooks on Amazon and there are giveaways…you can win free books!
● And best of all…we could be friends! Your friends can share recommendations with you based on your reading pleasures.
Goodreads offers even more than I have listed here, but these are my top reasons for using Goodreads and loving it! Oh, and one more important bit of information…your Goodreads account is totally free.
Sign up for a Goodreads account today and read something good!